'we are being taught by everything around us dessert before dinner,' and its so true. i feel that delayed gratification was for past generations, long gone are the days of paying things off with cash after saving up years and years. its all about mortgages and credit cards! who care the interest rate! 1.3 trillion to 3.3 trillion national debt for consumers since 1980!
this book is not brand new and here they are talking about 600,000 foreclorsures in 2001 alone! just imagine what its going to be this year! wow.
i really enjoyed the story about the farmer in the 1850's who felt sorry for the person with a mortgage, i would be ASTONISHED if any of my friends paid for anything (car/house) with cash nowadays! -esteban
Yesterday at church, the pastor was saying that a typical American asks,"why DON'T I have more?" when we should be asking "Why DO I have so much?" a little change in the wording creates a new paradigm shift. I have noticed how much stuff I have. I have more than enough clothes and way too many books. I remember once, I could pack up all my belongings in my car and go. But now I think it would take tailer. What stood out to me was the well known factthat finances can ruin marriages. I pray that my selfish material desires won't get in the way of a marriage. I am tired of living in stress due to lack of money!
3 comments:
'we are being taught by everything around us dessert before dinner,' and its so true. i feel that delayed gratification was for past generations, long gone are the days of paying things off with cash after saving up years and years. its all about mortgages and credit cards! who care the interest rate! 1.3 trillion to 3.3 trillion national debt for consumers since 1980!
this book is not brand new and here they are talking about 600,000 foreclorsures in 2001 alone! just imagine what its going to be this year! wow.
i really enjoyed the story about the farmer in the 1850's who felt sorry for the person with a mortgage, i would be ASTONISHED if any of my friends paid for anything (car/house) with cash nowadays!
-esteban
Yesterday at church, the pastor was saying that a typical American asks,"why DON'T I have more?" when we should be asking "Why DO I have so much?" a little change in the wording creates a new paradigm shift. I have noticed how much stuff I have. I have more than enough clothes and way too many books. I remember once, I could pack up all my belongings in my car and go. But now I think it would take tailer.
What stood out to me was the well known factthat finances can ruin marriages. I pray that my selfish material desires won't get in the way of a marriage. I am tired of living in stress due to lack of money!
I couldn't get over the increase in mortgages after the 'credit boom' of the 1950s:
In 1929 only 2 percent of American homes had a mortgage and by 1962 only 2 percent DIDN'T have mortgages.
71 percent of Americans said that debt is making their home lives unhappy.
I pray daily for financial peace and for God is grant us wisdom to make smart financial decisions.
Post a Comment