Saturday, October 25, 2008

chapter 6

career choice
4. find where you are naturally gifted

3 comments:

Ruth said...

I am at the point in life where I need to make a career Choice. I need to do what is necessary in the short term to make the long term happen. I am learning how to "dig" Things have come very easy to me until I graduated college. Now even finding a part-time job is tough. I will prevail.

Julia M. Arnold said...

This chapter stressed me out. ha. I want to do something that I am naturally gifted at! I want to work hard and make as much money as I can to give away to others and save for the future, but it has been so hard. Just these past 5 weeks, I busted my butt working. I got as many shifts as I possibly could and didn't turn down any work. I just went through my invoices and I am still 100$ short of what the bare minimum I should of made to make our monthly budget for November. This is the point in which I need to let go and give my concerns to God. But how can I not question? Why is this so hard? I know that my faithfulness is being tested and I do not want to fail! I want to remain positive and strong!! This is a tough race and I know that I will come out stronger in the end. I am going to patiently wait for God's timing, and continue to do all that I can and fight harder to make more money so that we can achieve financial peace :)

I am making hard work a HABIT.

Sven said...

one thing that i got out of this chapter was the "but boy i had to dig", it reminds me of my post-depression grandparents. here they are working so hard saving every penny they had (both sets of grandparents) and NONE of them had their high school education completed. and boy did they dig.
and boy did they find worms.